Iris Ceramica Group’s Made in Italy large format ceramics have been granted Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver certification by “The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute”.
FMG Fabbrica Marmi e Graniti ceramics are included in the certification since they are Made in Italy technical ceramic surfaces.
The assessment is based on five categories of sustainability performance:
- Material Health: ensuring materials are safe for humans and the environment;
- Product Circularity: enabling a circular economy through regenerative products and process design;
- Clean air and Climate Protection: promoting renewable energy and reducing harmful emissions;
- Water and soil stewardship: safeguarding water and soils;
- Social Fairness: respecting human rights and contributing to a fair and equitable society.
The certification covers not only aspects linked to the product life cycle but also the respect for human rights by the company and the supply chain. Also for this reason, it is considered one of the most innovative, detailed and interesting environmental labels.