According to Nature
We build our stones without disturbing the balance between man and nature, according to strict eco-sustainable methods and procedures.
We take the elements we need (clay, sand and fire) from nature and skilfully reassemble them to create an inimitable, higher quality, while respectfully protecting the environment.
Thanks to leading scientific and technological research, FMG builds natural stones in a vast range of slabs, with different sizes, thicknesses, colours and finishes, which manage to meet the needs of every design project. Moreover FMG(as a “builder of stones”) can produce any stone “born” of the imagination of designers and architects.
Thanks to the organisation and strict regular audits of its industrial processes, the entire FMG Fabbrica Marmi e Graniti production operation has been certified as compliant with ISO 9001 with regard to quality management and ISO 14001 for environmental management, and with the EU EMAS regulations.
Last but not least, the FMG products have been certified compliant with the HQE® protocol (with fiche de déclaration available on the website www.inies.fr) with regard to their environmental and hygiene standards, and FMG materials have been approved as compliant with the requirements of BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) sustainability protocol. FMG Fabbrica Marmi e Graniti is a full member of the Green Building Council Italia.
Eco-Active Materials: Active Surfaces®
THE WORLD’S ONLY ISO 10678, ISO 22196, ISO 27447 AND ISO 27448 CERTIFIED ANTI-POLLUTING AND ANTIBACTERIAL CERAMIC FOR FLOORS AND CLADDING.
Active Surfaces® is a photocatalytic product that is able to exploit all the properties of photocatalytic materials, an ambitious research project that has allowed for the production of self-cleaning ceramic surfaces that have an antibacterial, anti-polluting and anti-odour action. An excellent result that, thanks to the incessant work of a dedicated team and with the support of the Università degli Studi di Milano, is developed each year in terms of efficiency and performance, contributing significantly to improving our quality of life.
Active thanks to the combined action of light (natural and artificial), air (oxygen), moisture and titanium dioxide, is capable of exploiting all the properties of photocatalytic materials, namely:
- Antibacterial and antiviral action: we constantly come into contact with bacteria, some of which are extremely dangerous for our health. ACTIVE is 99.99% effective on all bacteria, from the most common, such as Escherichia Coli, to the most dangerous, the likes of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (antibiotic-resistant MRSA).
- Antipollution action: thanks to the photocatalytic process, volatile pollutants are converted into harmless products, specifically in the presence of light or moisture, whether natural or artificial. The antipollution action has been demonstrated by specific tests conducted in certified academic laboratories; formaldehyde and nitrogen oxides were chosen as reference molecules for indoor and outdoor pollution, respectively.
- Self-cleaning action: dirt has no grip thanks to the new hydrophilic properties of the photocatalytic surface and cleaning proves easier even without aggressive detergents (which are in themselves pollutants), but simply with water and neutral detergents. Out in the open, rain is capable of cleaning the surfaces, while keeping the original colours unfaded and preventing future maintenance.
- Anti-odour action: organic odorous molecules are degraded and destroyed thanks to the photocatalytic properties of the eco-active surfaces, which eliminate unpleasant odours. Laboratory tests on highly malodorous molecules, such as methyl mercaptan (which is usually added to methane and has the typical strong smell of rotten cabbage) or alpha-pinene (the typical fragrance of pine) have demonstrated the complete effectiveness of ACTIVE in the degradation of this type of molecule.
In addition to the above properties and characteristics, the new Active has been in production since October 2017.
This product stands out for the new properties afforded by a TiO2 that has been combined with silver, that guarantees superior performance levels.
Active retains all the photocatalytic properties specified above, enhancing them, while it is still digitally produced and vitrified on the surface, but the presence of metals ensures:
- Antibacterial activity, even in the dark.
- The enhancement of all the photocatalytic properties, from self-cleaning to anti-odour, antipollution with greater efficiency, which translates to shorter time frames to purify the air around a confined environment.
- Antipollution efficiency, even with LED lights.
To find out more, visit: https://www.active-surfaces.com