INFO FOR CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS
This new info memo drafted in accordance with Article 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 – Privacy Code – is issued following the amendments introduced by Law Decree no. 201 of 6 December 2011, which has made significant changes to some regulatory definitions.
This new info memo, therefore, up-dates any earlier versions issued up to now.Now, therefore, the following is pointed out:
1) by effect of the establishment of business relations and during the course thereof, our company will acquire and process your personal data;
2) for clarity’s sake, we must specify here and now the following definitions contained in Legislative Decree no. 196/2003:
Processing: any activity, even carried on without the aid of electronic instruments, concerning the acquisition, recording, storage, consultation, development, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, notification, erasure and/or destruction of data;
Personal datum: any information concerning an individual who is identified or identifiable, also indirectly, by references to any other information, including a Personal Identification Number.
In accordance with Article 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 – Privacy Code, therefore, we wish to advise you that the acquisition and processing of your personal data will be carried out by the undersigned company as follows:
a) aims: The data will be processed for the purpose of accomplishing correctly the accounting, tax-related, commercial and technical fulfilments and for all the company’s activities in general relating to its relations with you;
b) advertising aims: The data may be used, subject to your explicit prior consent, also for sending advertising material/communications by ordinary mail, e-mail, text messages and similar means; after expressing your consent, you will in any case be entitled to oppose at any time processing of your data for this purpose, and at no expense for you;
c) procedure: the data will be processed using both hardcopy and electronic/IT/telematic tools, complying in full with the applicable provisions of law, according to principles of lawfulness and correctness and in such a way as to protect your privacy;
d) the optional nature of the provision of data: Providing the data is optional, not compulsory;
e) consequences of a possible refusal: Refusal to provide the data or to enable any processing thereof may in any case make it impossible to continue the business or any other type of relations between you and our company; refusal to allow the data to be used for sending advertising material/communications will, on the other hand, have no consequences for our present and future relations;
f) parties or categories of parties to whom the data may be notified or circulated: The data may be notified to third parties only in order to comply with legal contractual obligations. In no case will the data be circulated;
g) persons in charge of and entrusted with processing care of the company: The data will be processed solely by the persons in charge of and entrusted with such tasks in the company’s administrative and sales areas;
h) rights of the party concerned: The party concerned enjoys all the rights according to Article 7 of which the full text is provided at foot of this info memo and which is an inseparable part hereof;
i) Controller: The “controller” of the processing is GranitiFiandre S.p.A., registered address at no. 112 of Via Radici Nord in Castellarano (province of Reggio Emilia), in the person of their pro-tempore legal representative.
This info memo may be supplemented, either verbally or in writing, with further information and indications, in order to meet any need you may have in terms of your knowledge regarding privacy and in order to meet regulatory changes.
Art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (Right to access personal data and other rights).
1. The party concerned is entitled to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of the data concerning him/her, even if not yet recorded, and notification thereof in an intelligible form.
2. The party concerned is entitled to obtain the following information: a) the origin of the personal data processed; b) the aims of the processing and the manner in which it is carried out; c) the rationale applied in the event of processing carried out with the help of electronic tools; d) details of the identity of the controller, of the persons in charge and of the designated representative in accordance with Article 5, sub-section 2; e) the parties or categories of parties to whom the personal data may be notified or to whose knowledge they may come in their capacity the designated representative in Italy, as persons in charge of or entrusted with the processing.
3. The party concerned is entitled to require: a) that the data be up-dated, corrected or, if he/she so wishes, supplemented; b) that any data processed in breach of the law be cancelled, converted into an anonymous form or blocked, including any data of which storage is not necessary in connection with the purposes for which the data were acquired or subsequently processed; c) a statement according to which the activities referred to under points a) and b) have been brought to the knowledge of the parties to whom the data were notified or circulated, also with regard to their contents. The above except in those cases in which this is found to be impossible or that it would entail the use of means clearly out of proportion with the right being protected.
4. The party concerned is entitled to oppose, in full or in part: a) for legitimate reasons, processing of the personal data concerning him/her, even if pertinent to the purpose for which they were acquired; b) processing of personal data concerning him/her for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communications.